Monday, January 2, 2012

Feeling Retro...

I'm not quite sure why, but over the holiday break I had this strong urge to crochet something. Now, I used to crochet all of the time, but I literally haven't touched any of my crochet hooks in years. I do have lots of yarn because sometimes I use it in the kumihmo (japanese braiding) I do for jewelry.

Anyhow, I went upstairs and dug through all of the junk in my work room and found my crochet hooks. I figured since it is winter and getting cold I would like to have a nice, warm infinity scarf (if you are a guy, and you don't know what that is, it is a circular scarf with no ends...lol). A nice, simple, single-crochet pattern that wasn't too taxing since I hadn't done it for awhile. I finished it up yesterday during the Bengals game (boo!-they lost, yay! they're in the play offs anyway). It was great because it gave me something to do and I didn't have to haul the wire, tools, beads, and glass downstairs to watch TV.

Here are two pictures of the scarf. As you can see, I wasn't happy with just the scarf. It needed a pin to go with it and I obliged (it always comes back to the jewelry, doesn't it?). I think it turned out very nice and I can't wait to wear it. I also have an idea that I might put a couple of scarf/pin combos in the Etsy shop. What do you think? I need some input on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment