Monday, September 5, 2011

Crashed Glass

Well, tonight I had a glass catastrophe. I was experimenting with a drop ring vase. I was using a thicker piece of glass I made from a pot melt. Evidently the glass was too heavy and I took it up too high because it fell right through the drop ring and splatted on the kiln tile. I will have to try a different firing schedule with the thicker pieces.

Since that was a bust, I spent this evening polishing pieces and finishing up some half done pieces to get ready for the various shows I have coming up.
One thing I am working on is fused glass necklaces that can be worn by men or women.
I have gotten several requests for more masculine jewelry, so I am putting together these necklaces. I have also done some more masculine bracelets with gemstones and leather and some fused glass tie clips and tie tacks. I plan on taking some more pictures tomorrow so I will have some more examples soon. If anyone has any requests or ideas for masculine jewelry please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment