Friday, August 26, 2011

Hello to Me! LOL.

I have tried this before without much success. Life always seems to get in the way. But, I've made myself a promise. I love making fused glass jewelry and art and I want to make a success of my business. I also want to have a kind of journal of why I do what I do. So, with that said, I made myself a promise that I am going to be diligent about blogging this time.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Kristi Hall and I own Big Grass Farm Designs (more about the name another time). I have made jewelry for years. I also teach computer science at the local community college. That gave me the opportunity to take a fused glass course several years ago. When I took that course, and opened up that kiln the first time...well, I was hooked. Every time I open the lid of a kiln after a firing it is like Christmas morning to me. You could cut the same glass, the same way...put it together the same way...make minor changes in the way you fire it and it will come out different every time. Now that is exciting!
To me, it is fascinating. As I said before, I teach computer science. Much of what I do is very logical, and very structured. So, to watch glass melt, and flow, and to see what I can create from it gives me a sort of artistic release. I guess it feeds the other side of my brain.

As I said before, there is much more to come. I am currently working on building my inventory for several shows that I will be doing before Christmas (more to come about those later, too.). I also plan on working towards getting my Web site up and my online store up. I hope that you bear with me, and I also hope that you follow me on my journey...wherever it may lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment