Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Get So Easily Excited!

I have been excited all evening. I finished a vase that I love and I had to teach two online classes tonight. I had to wait until I was done with those and my office hours before I could put pictures up.



This started out life as a bunch of scrap glass. I take a terra cotta flower pot and widen the hole in the bottom. Pile in the scrap glass and prop it up on stilts in the kiln. When the temperature reaches the point were the glass turns to a liquid, it flows through the hole and puddles up on the kiln tile.
This particular pot melt was different blues, some white, and some clear. The next step is to put it on a drop ring mold propped up on stilts and let it sag through the mold until the vase forms. This one turned out fabulously. I am extremely pleased with the flow of the glass through the vase.
Beautiful! Even if I do say so myself. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment